Make-It will create a facebook event on our page and you will also be listed on our website here. You are free to edit and update the facebook event (once you indicate you are "going" to the vent) so feel free to add photos, change the description, etc. Please also drive folks to our general facebook page in case they are interested in additional workshops.
Othewise, it is up to you to get people to attend your session.
Here are a few best practices in regards to getting strong attendance to your session:
- If you are on facebook, invite friends, neighbors & colleagues to your facebook event and share it on your personal page
- Create small simple flyers to handout at community events, community centers, office buildings, schools, etc. Canva is a great, free site that makes creating a flyer very easy.
- Send a blurb about your event to local newsletters, radio stations, publications, etc. A list can be found here.
- Personally invite your friends, neighbors, colleagues and family via phone, email or in-person
- Attend other workshops at Make-It and, after getting approval from the host, make an announcement about your upcoming session